This is the introduction of human language as a communication system, how language is learnt and the way our mind stores meaning and organises information. Students are also introduced to Morphology and syntax of languages, sociolinguistics, stylistics and analysis of literary works and semantics and pragmatics of Modern Chinese.
Head of Thematic Area
Members of Thematic Area
Courses under this thematic area
1. Fundamentals of Linguistics, Mind and Meaning; Structure and System.
2. Syntax and Modern Chinese Morphology.
3. Basic Chinese Sociolinguistics
4. Stylistics and Analysis of Literary Works in Chinese
5. Semantics and Pragmatics of Modern Chinese
6. Historical Comparative Linguistics